The University Bible Fellowship is a non-denominational, evangelistic campus organization focused on raising disciples of Jesus who can live sacrificial lives for the gospel and contribute to society and their nation by preaching the gospel of Jesus Christ. For this purpose, U.B.F. teaches the Bible to college students and young people and helps them to live according to the teachings of the Scriptures and to practice the world mission command of Jesus. (Acts 1:8)
What We Believe:
We believe the Bible teaches the following fundamental Christian truths:
- That there is one God in three persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.
- That God created the heavens and the earth and all things; that he is the Sovereign Ruler of all things; that the Sovereign God reveals himself; that he is sovereign in his redemptive work and in his final judgment.
- That the Bible is inspired by God; that it is entirely trustworthy; that it is the final authority in faith and practice.
- That all people have been under the bondage and power of sin since the fall of Adam, and deserve the judgment and wrath of God.
- That Jesus Christ, the Incarnate Son of God, through his atoning, sacrificial death on the cross for our sins and his resurrection, is the only way of salvation; that he alone can save us from sin and judgment, and purify us from the contamination of sin.
- That Jesus Christ rose bodily from the dead, ascended into heaven, and sits at the right hand of God the Father.
- That regeneration is the work of the Holy Spirit; that it is necessary if one is to enter the kingdom of God.
- That we are made righteous by grace alone, through faith alone.
- That the Holy Spirit works in the heart of every believer to lead him.
- That the Church is the body of Christ and that all Christians are members of it.
- That Jesus Christ will come again in glory to judge the living and the dead.
CUBF is open to all backgrounds, ages, and cultures and seeks to help Columbia University students and friends to become disciples of Jesus. We invite CU undergrads, grad students, alumni, staff, faculty, and their friends and families to participate in our ministry!